Delicious Chicken Pot Pie - World Food Recipes
This chicken pot pie recipe takes a little time, but it is WELL WORTH IT!! This is an all-time favorite in our family. Great on a cold winter day.
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 pie crusts (either store bought or your own recipe)
Chicken Pot Pie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.