For The Gozleme Dough:
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For The Filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to finish
- 500g pack lamb mince
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 50g raisin
- zest 1 lemon
- 3 spring onion, finely sliced
- 50g toasted pine nut
- 100g feta cheese
For The Sauce:
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped red onion
- For the dough, mix the yeast, sugar and 175ml lukewarm water in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the yeast, then set aside for 10 mins, or until the liquid starts to froth.
- Mix the flour with ½ tsp salt in a big bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour in the yeasty mixture and olive oil, and mix to a dough. Knead for 10 mins, then put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with oiled cling film. Leave somewhere quite warm until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the mince and fry, breaking up lumps as you go, until well browned. Stir in the garlic, spices and raisins, and fry for a few more mins, then turn off the heat and stir in the lemon zest, spring onions, pine nuts and seasoning. Set aside to cool a little.
- Divide the dough into 4. Working a piece at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 25 x 30cm, without the dough splitting. With a long edge of the pastry laying in front of you, spoon ¼ of the mince on the bottom half – leaving a 2cm border all round. Crumble over ¼ of the feta. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling, folding in and pinching the edges to seal in the lamb. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and brush the gozleme all over with oil.
- Cook in batches for 3-5 mins on each side, or until golden and heated through. Quickly mix the tomato ketchup, pomegranate and onion, and serve with the hot, crispy gozleme.
- A savoury Turkish pastry that's actually made with bread. Stuff with lamb, feta, raisins and pine nuts and serve with pomegranate dip.